Saturday 14 March 2015

My wedding (Repost)

I always pictured that my wedding will be like every other Nigerian wedding. The aso ebi, loud live band, the variety of food, the beautiful decorations in the hall, friends, family and strangers all having a good time. However, my wedding turned out to be the opposite of what I hoped and imagined. It was just the two of us, no other person involved and it was the happiest day of my entire existence.
My lover, you know makes me happy; he is the best thing that ever happened to me. I was one of those good girls who did everything ‘good’ but always ended up been hurt, disappointed and abandoned.

It wasn’t a new thing anymore, I knew the drill; meet guy, talk a lot with guy, go on dates with guy, guy asks me out, I say yes, we start to date. It’s funny that before we make love, me and guy are okay, but after its like the love diminishes, I start making all the effort while he just isn’t bothered, then I lock up, after a while it automatically self destructs. I promised myself not to let it happen but then it was on the the next one. I was comfortable with the routine, after all nothing lasts forever shey? I was so used to getting in and out of relationships, staying in a relationship which is supposed to be normal was hard for me.
I met my lover after I broke up with the last guy, I ended it before its expiry date, I think at that time I was tired of routine. I was surfing the web when I read something about him and I was intrigued, I wondered if I will ever meet someone like him since there was no chance of ever meeting him.
So I searched, I checked facebook, twitter, you tube and different blogs about him. It was like the more I knew him, the more I wanted to know him more and meet him. I felt like a stalker but I didn’t relent, he was always on my mind, at school, at home and even in church. I found out he wrote a book and I decided I would read it just to know more about him. The more I read the more I couldn’t wait to meet him.
One day while shopping in the mall, I saw an old friend and we got talking, before I left the mall I don’t know maybe because I hadn’t spoke to someone in a while but I found myself talking to the friend about how miserable I was that I had feelings for someone I hadn’t even met. He started laughing, and he told me that he knew him and that he would introduce us, he kept to his word and introduced us, we saw the next day and like they say, the rest is history.
Let me tell you about my sweet darling. He is very special, and he pays so much attention to me. I told him my past and he said it didn’t matter, I told him my fears and all he did was hug me and say ‘trust me I’m different’. I started to blossom again, I was truly happy, so happy I couldn’t wait to introduce him to everybody I knew. He told me he loved me first, that he loved me even before I met him, he said that must have been what pulled me to him, somehow.
He told me he didn’t have to touch me to show that he loved me, that we would both wait. We had a kind of intimacy that wasn’t physical. I wanted to change some things about me, you know to look like all those other girls, fix my hair, lashes and nails, lose weight. But he told me I was perfect the way I was, even in my flaws he loves me more, he isn’t one to act based on emotions. He loves me unconditionally, anytime, anyday. Our love is strong, it is fierce. The love was a settled matter, nothing could change it, nothing could stop it or make it diminish.
He asked me to marry him and I said yes with no hesitation, nothing else counted or mattered, all I needed was him.
Oluwa mi, today I pledge my vow to you, to love you till I die, to do all that you want me to do, to please you, and most importantly tell the word about you. You complete me, me and you are the best love story ever told. You loved me in my filth and you cleaned me up and gave me a reason to live. You gave me purpose and no matter how much I mess up, I know that I am yours and your are mine.
Jesus, my all, my everything, you saw me when I was nothing and when nothing was happening for me, you knew me, all the filthy things about me and you loved me still, you loved me first, and haven’t stopped loving me.
Today I say I do, yes I am your bride, You are my groom, I live for You, You are everything to me, you are the reason I live, I loose myself in you, in your love, I hold on to you with all I have. I know that one day, you will come to take me home and we will be united forever.
The end.
To read more amazing articles by Rachel, clickhereherehereherehere and here
Reference: https://litttlebee.wordpress.com/2015/03/08/my-wedding/

No comments:

Post a Comment