Wednesday 3 February 2016

Life happened


The statement seems to make life sound mysterious and that things are never meant to make sense. Or we should be scared of our every move

Yes I believe there's a higher power and unforeseen forces governing this earth. But I don't believe they are unfair. I don't believe relationships should be sour.


I have the best siblings in the world, I didn't work hard for that at all, I mean I literally just woke up to a lovely family. Life happened and gave me the best. Why should I attribute not so favorable events occurring to life as well?

Well, I guess that’s life too. But if you are going to be something, own it. Don’t let stories about life change your perspective.

I'm sick of people telling me how things should be. I heard a woman talk about Joseph (biblical story) and his brothers on TV. About how when you get your dream, you should ‘hush hush’ cause people around you may try to hurt you cause they don’t understand what God has planned for you.
I’m like “what the funyun?” Is that what the story actually thought us? We can’t be letting people tell us how things should be. The dream (Joseph’s in Gen 37.) happened cause he spoke about it. Yes, it frustrated his brothers, they were sick of him but shii that’s what he believed and he didn’t stop believing. Don’t try to be a people pleaser. Love them but don’t kiss butt! Speak what you believe.

So when someone is telling you, you can’t have the great relationships you envision cause people are bad, cause life happens and things won’t just go the way you want them to go, it’s just BS (pardon my French). Hold on to what you believe, don’t settle. “Omode ko ni o n se e” (You are not being childish), only you know what you see and believe. It’s actually frustrating waiting for the silver lining sometimes. Just don't lose hope and also be open to the fact that it may not come the exact way you thought it would happen. (They thought he was talking about the temple (the building) but they understood eventually ‘John 2:19-21). Joseph knew his brothers would bow to him, but he didn’t know it would be in Egypt at that moment. Don’t try to play out how the vision would come to pass, that’s not your job. Visions await their appointed time (Hab 2:3)

Keep your wonderful friends, the ones you can be yourself around. The ones you’re not scared to tell your big dreams and visions. If they go, they weren’t meant to be there for long anyway, it’s not cause you didn’t know how to talk. Have fun, Love God, your neighbor and don’t leave yourself out!
It hurts to lose a few people you really like but hey, you may be knocked down, but not out forever. In the end the purpose and reasons would be clear. It should be worth it.

Your situation isn't meant to be unfair. Even when it seems like you have to compromise (things you really don’t stand for but you think ‘life’ has offered you) to get things done, try not to and if you do, own your mistakes and move forward. Don’t let whatever you don’t want to define you, define you.
Let life happen to you in the way you’d appreciate.

What do you have to lose by believing in yourself and your dreams? Nothing!
Everyone's going to die (not to sound so sadistic), this moment would pass and no one would really care what you did. Enjoy your life and believe in your dreams!


The truth is I get bored of some certain topics easily, I’m not selectively open, I just like to hear about people first, that’s my own way of not being selfish and hearing how your friend’s doing cause I don’t like to come off as a ‘me me me’ person. I have my flaws. I’m very sarcastic, I’d think it’s my own way of trying to be humorous and fun but I’ve heard once or twice that it’s hurtful. I never intend to be rude to people and anyone that thinks so probably doesn’t just know me. But I do appreciate my friends, I may not know how to show it yet but I can only hope we’d all live long enough to enjoy and figure out this appreciation thing together cause life has offered me the best of friends ever.



3 comments: