Saturday 19 September 2015

YOUR PARENTS DEFINITELY, MAYBE HAD A SAY (REPOST)


As anyone would imagine, I’m more of a “mind over matter” guy…

Now here’s my thesis for today:

Your parents had a say in the outcome of your gender. Maybe one day, this theory will be proven but I believe that if as a parent, your baby didn’t come out as the gender you wished for, it’s because your partner didn’t want it at all. Sometimes, you might get what you wished for even if your partner was inclining more to the opposite, it is because s(he) was at least open to it. I want to call this the “more-than-%70 effector”. This basically means that if your desire to bear say, a boy, is at least 70%, it is strong enough to dominate at least its 100% complement of your partner’s desire. For example:

If you say you have 80% desire,



To bear a boy,

Then,

You need at least 20% willingness,

For a boy,

From your partner if you are going to bear a boy.

Else,

Your partner’s desire wins.

I know this may seem like some superfluous way of just saying the greater percentage wins but there are some technicalities involved which draws out cases where this detailed description is necessary. I can’t go into that right now because that will defeat the idea of this not being a proper academic paper. It’s not really an academic thesis; it’s a hypothesis.

So what can we take from this even if this was ever taken seriously and developed on? Or rather, what then happens if this is proven true? Well, it will only at least or at most revolutionize the world in another direction just like the Internet and electricity has done in past decades and open us up to other insights for the development of mankind.

Systems science is an interdisciplinary program that involves the design, development and deployment of natural and man-made systems. This is usually achieved through critical analysis and systems thinking and its application is relevant in engineering, biology, medicine and social sciences.

My background is in engineering and my main career interest is in power systems which is a man-made system, but today I have finally seen another link Systems Science has with natural systems or its application in biology, medicine and social sciences.

So what are my insight pointers?

Well, I am an only (but not lonely) son, with two beautiful younger sisters. I have a beautiful elder sister too. So I have 3 sisters and no brother. My siblings and I have names that rhyme like 4 lines from a rap verse:

Morolayo

Moradeyo

Morolake

Moradeke

I love these names and I love my parents for actually taking the pain to think these names… But that’s the thing; I think they took the pain really painfully. They saw this combination and they realized that the only way to have a boy in this mix (they wanted mostly girls but at least a boy) is for him to take up the only unisex name there and that is the second one. So they desired it this way and it came to pass.

Think about this well; Morolayo could not have just been one pretty thought for a first baby’s. It was a borne out of creative strategy between two lovers although one believing in it more than the other.

I can remember how I begged my mum so hard for a brother after Morolake was born because I felt like it was in their hands. Turns out that as much as it was in their hands, altering the strategy was no longer in their hands. It was too late, lol.

It’s funny how my instincts told me that “parents have a say”, back then. And now, those instincts are back. Maybe I was overthinking it, maybe I’m still overthinking it but it will be nice for you to at least give it a thought too.

If you read through all, you must have noticed today's guest entry/repost was from my favorite (even if I had more than one..lol) brother. It's a lovely article and I'd really like to give it a thought, because like it's said in the bible "For as he thinks in his heart, so is he [in behavior—one who manipulates].- Pro 23:7(AMP)". To read more amazing/nerdy articles by Deyo, click HERE.



Thank You!!!

1 comment:

  1. I dont think i would have given it a thought but lookin at it from the prov 23:7 angle, Its definitely worth a thought

    ReplyDelete