Wednesday 12 February 2014

5 days of love (Day 3)

Is love stressful?
There was this day that my mum worked 'so hard' for dad and she ended up going to my older sister and said 'loving your dad is stressful' And my sister said love had to be stressful cause loving my mum too was stressful. It then got me thinking and I almost agreed but found a better way to put it. Love is work, hard work. And I guess one could be stressed from hardwork or could overlook the stress cause the end would be worth it.

"So Jacob served seven years to get Rachel, but they seemed like only a few days to him because of his love for her"

There was a day I had a document issue, my dad already paid for it and I had to repay cause there was an error. I tried to take my mind off it and think about what made me happy. Well, a boy came to mind and he didn't quite match my happy thoughts and this is someone I like being with. I just thought about how I worry about him when we're not together, how it wasn't just happy moments that I liked about him. And I figured I was doing the same to my parents. Making them worry, probably stress if my mum had to give it a word ..lol. Cause they had to pay the fee again and there was no negative attitude from them towards me. So realizing that people work hard to show you love should help you understand love.

"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace"

Now hardwork could be stressful not painful. When you're working hard to help someone fight an addiction they can't help cause you feel for them, that's selfless, that's love. When you're trying every bit to get someone to like you and you're losing you, feeling pain then it isn't love. And eventually you get the person and you're scared if they get to know the real you they won't send you anymore. That isn't love.

"There is no fear in perfect love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love."

Do you appreciate it when you feel love from someone?. Then you should love more. Hardwork always pays off therefore love too would. So love unconditionally. In the end, it's always worth it

Bible passages: Gen 29:20, Eph 4: 2-3, 1 John 4:18

No comments:

Post a Comment